Whether it's an illness or an injury, you can count on our team to take all the necessary steps to provide you with a quick diagnosis and an appropriate treatment. SouthStar Urgent Care clinics offer a wide range of award-winning services.
Our Clinic Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm • Saturday & Sunday 9am - 5pm
Within our clinics, you can receive treatment for any of the following or related reasons:
COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATES
SouthStar Urgent Care is partnering with the Louisiana Department of Health to coordinate the COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration effort in Louisiana. The release of this vaccine will have a tiered approach with fast-paced updates please refer to this page for guidance on vaccine information, availability, and distribution.
As more vaccines become available from the CDC, more individuals and groups will be offered vaccinations. For added peace of mind, once you have received your vaccine you can use this app created by the CDC to help document post-vaccine activity: https://vsafe.cdc.gov/.
Updated as of February 23, 2021:
Who is eligible to receive the vaccine?
Hospital Personnel, Nursing home/long-term care facilities residents and staff, First Responders to serve as vaccinators (EMS, fire personnel, law enforcement)
- Persons 65 and older
- Dialysis providers and patients
- Ambulatory and outpatient providers and staff
- Behavioral health providers and staff
- Urgent care clinic providers and staff
- Community care providers and staff
- Dental providers and staff
- Non-emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) providers and staff
- Professional home care providers (including hospice workers) and home care recipients (including older and younger people with disabilities over the age of 16 who receive community or home-based care, as well as clients of home health agencies)
- American Sign Language (ASL) and foreign language interpreters and Support Service Providers (SSPs) working in community and clinic-based settings, and clients who are both deaf and blind
- Health-related support personnel (lab staff, mortuary staff who have contact with corpses, pharmacy staff)
- Schools of allied health students, residents and staff
- Law enforcement and other first responders
- Louisiana Unified Command Group
- State and local essential COVID emergency response personnel
- Some elections staff ahead of March and April elections
- Teachers and any other support staff working on site in K-12 or daycare
- All pregnant persons
- Individuals ages 55-64 with at least one of the conditions listed by the CDC as placing them at an “increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19”.
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down syndrome
- Heart conditions including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30kg/m2 or higher but less than 40kg/m2)
- Severe obesity (BMI greater than 40kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
What vaccines are available?
What vaccines are available at SouthStar clinics?
Where are vaccines available?
As of January 4th, the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) will be sending limited doses out to local pharmacies throughout the state to ensure access across all parishes.
Current SouthStar Locations with Vaccine Availability:
All vaccines require an online sign-up to reserve your spot in line. Due to limited inventory available, sign up spots will be available while supplies last and reserved for the noted priority population guidance from LDH
COVID-19 Vaccine Wait List Tracker:
Our team is committed to being a source of care and compassion during this unprecedented time.
Should you, your families, or neighbors need urgent care for an illness or injury, including sutures or minor breaks, SouthStar is available with easy access to care every day. Click to view our services.
All of our clinics are equipped to perform COVID-19 Testing Click to view a full list of our SouthStar locations and hours.
CDC Travel Guidance:
Safe Waiting Zone:
Ear Infection, Earache
Poison Ivy, Skin Infection
Urinary Tract Infection
Acute Back Pain
Acute Neck Pain
Animal or Insect Bites
Sutures, stitches, staples
Rapid Strep Testing
Fit for Duty Physicals
Return to Duty Physicals
Employment Physicals Firefighter
Police Physicals DOT/19A Physicals
Your Team Members Are Important to Us!
Occupational Medicine Response Team:
EMPLOYER PAID SERVICES (EPS)
- Pre-hire DOT physicals and DOT Drug screening (DOT and Non-DOT)
- DISA, ASAP, and eScreen certified collection site
- TPA drug screening services available throughout United States
- Random drug screens
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Laboratory and Screening Tests
- Physical Exams
- Vision Screens
- X-Ray Services
- Pulmonary Function Testing, Qualitative Fit Testing, and Audiometric Testing available at select clinics
WORKER'S COMPENSATION (WC)
- Injury management
- Illness management
- Onsite X-ray and DME
- Member of NAOHP
- After hours benefits preventing ER visits during late nights or weekends.
- Multiple in-house Medical Review Officers (MRO)
- Quality care for your employees getting them back to work safely.
- Growing network of SouthStar locations adds peace of mind to receive services held to a high standard.
- DOT certified providers at all clinics.
To help keep healthcare as accessible as possible for our communities, we accept multiple forms of payment:
We accept all commercial insurance plans. A valid ID must be presented with your insurance card at time of service. If you have any questions regarding your individual or family insurance plan, please visit your local clinic location with your ID and valid insurance card. (view clinic list here)
We accept all Louisiana Medicaid plans.
We accept Medicare.
We offer a self-pay option for our customers, all costs will be discussed during the time of service. The total visit cost is determined by services provided for the patient’s specific care plan.
Upfront costs will follow the customer’s specific payment resource case. (This could include applicable copay costs, deductible costs, self-pay costs, etc.)
We accept cash, check, debit and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover).
To pay your bill online click here
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our payment policies.